Bicyclist dies Christmas night in Fresno hit-run crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are looking for the hit and run driver who hit a man, and left him in the road on Christmas night.
It happened around 8:45 Tuesday night near H and Roosevelt streets near Downtown Fresno.
Police say a 56-year-old man was riding his bicycle underneath the Highway 180 overpass. He somehow ended up in the roadway.
Officers don't know whether he was hit by a car or fell off his bike, but as he was lying there, witnesses reported seeing a dark colored mid-size pickup truck run him over and take off. That's when witnesses stopped and called 9-1-1.
A few minutes later, officers say the driver briefly returned to the scene. The driver's described as a white male with salt and pepper hair and a mustache. His passenger was also a white male.
Anyone with information is asked to call Fresno police.
crimetracker, hit and run, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another 13 min ago
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car