Fire destroys home in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Christmas day fire left a person without a home in Fresno County. The flames broke out inside a home on Dickinson near Shaw, shortly before 11:00 Tuesday night.
Fresno fire officials say the one person who lived in the home reported the fire.
Authorities say when firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire was spreading through the house. But it was something inside the home, that made this fire so difficult to contain.
"The first arriving crews encountered popping and ammunition that was going off in the home," John Chew said. "The fire was a reasonable size and we could have made an aggressive attack but because of the nature we were presented with, we did more of a defensive attack."
No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters believe an unattended candle may have sparked the flames, but they're still investigating.
fire, fresno county, fresno, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago