Tree recycling opportunity for Visalia residents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Now that Christmas is over, city officials in Visalia want people to recycle their trees.
Until Jan. 5 the city of Visalia has set up eight different locations around town where people can drop off their Christmas trees.
Residents are not supposed to leave their trees on the curb to be picked up. Visalia employees say the trees are recycled and reused throughout the city.
"If that does happen that would be really great I know a lot of students do need those programs so they can go to their universities or whatever their after school plans are," Nathan Garza of the Visalia Natural Resources Department said.
Residents are asked to take off all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before dropping trees off.
visalia, tulare county, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District