Tree recycling opportunity for Visalia residents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Now that Christmas is over, city officials in Visalia want people to recycle their trees.
Until Jan. 5 the city of Visalia has set up eight different locations around town where people can drop off their Christmas trees.
Residents are not supposed to leave their trees on the curb to be picked up. Visalia employees say the trees are recycled and reused throughout the city.
"If that does happen that would be really great I know a lot of students do need those programs so they can go to their universities or whatever their after school plans are," Nathan Garza of the Visalia Natural Resources Department said.
Residents are asked to take off all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before dropping trees off.
visalia, tulare county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno