Tree recycling opportunity for Visalia residents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Now that Christmas is over, city officials in Visalia want people to recycle their trees.
Until Jan. 5 the city of Visalia has set up eight different locations around town where people can drop off their Christmas trees.
Residents are not supposed to leave their trees on the curb to be picked up. Visalia employees say the trees are recycled and reused throughout the city.
"If that does happen that would be really great I know a lot of students do need those programs so they can go to their universities or whatever their after school plans are," Nathan Garza of the Visalia Natural Resources Department said.
Residents are asked to take off all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before dropping trees off.
visalia, tulare county, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 22 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno