Tree recycling opportunity for Visalia residents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Now that Christmas is over, city officials in Visalia want people to recycle their trees.
Until Jan. 5 the city of Visalia has set up eight different locations around town where people can drop off their Christmas trees.
Residents are not supposed to leave their trees on the curb to be picked up. Visalia employees say the trees are recycled and reused throughout the city.
"If that does happen that would be really great I know a lot of students do need those programs so they can go to their universities or whatever their after school plans are," Nathan Garza of the Visalia Natural Resources Department said.
Residents are asked to take off all ornaments, lights, tinsel and metal stands before dropping trees off.
visalia, tulare county, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 43 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms 28 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 25 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos