Suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- An officer-involved shooting sends one man to the hospital. The shooting happened after 1:00 a.m. in Visalia off Judy and Linwood.
Visalia police are identifying the suspect as 36-year-old Stephen Carlson.
Authorities say what started as an argument between neighbors quickly escalated and in the end one person was shot.
Visalia police say it all started over a disagreement between neighbors. Carlson accused a neighbor of stealing money while he and the other occupants were gone.
Police were called to the scene and left. A short time later, authorities say Carlson took matters into his own hands, grabbed a gun and fired at his neighbor's home.
When Visalia police arrived they say they found Carlson shooting.
A friend of Carlson's told Action News he was shot in the back. Police say Carlson is in the hospital in stable condition.
Meanwhile the officer-involved in the shooting has been put on administrative leave while authorities investigate the shooting.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local, amanda venegas
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 56 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week