Suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- An officer-involved shooting sends one man to the hospital. The shooting happened after 1:00 a.m. in Visalia off Judy and Linwood.
Visalia police are identifying the suspect as 36-year-old Stephen Carlson.
Authorities say what started as an argument between neighbors quickly escalated and in the end one person was shot.
Visalia police say it all started over a disagreement between neighbors. Carlson accused a neighbor of stealing money while he and the other occupants were gone.
Police were called to the scene and left. A short time later, authorities say Carlson took matters into his own hands, grabbed a gun and fired at his neighbor's home.
When Visalia police arrived they say they found Carlson shooting.
A friend of Carlson's told Action News he was shot in the back. Police say Carlson is in the hospital in stable condition.
Meanwhile the officer-involved in the shooting has been put on administrative leave while authorities investigate the shooting.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local, amanda venegas
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos