Long-time Tulare Co deputies retire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some long-time South Valley deputies left their posts Friday.
Tulare County Undersheriff Dahl Cleek, Captain Jim Hinesly, Lieutenant Gary Chambers and Lieutenant Ramon Alanis all retired.
The men have 142 years of service between them.
The special celebration was held at the Tulare County Sheriff's Headquarters to honor the men for their career contributions.
"38 years it's time to allow new leadership to develop styles, more positive thinking opportunities, and take the department to a place that can maybe can go further without us," Cleek said.
Some of the retirees will be taking some time to travel while others want to continue serving the public in some form.
tulare county, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety