Long-time Tulare Co deputies retire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some long-time South Valley deputies left their posts Friday.
Tulare County Undersheriff Dahl Cleek, Captain Jim Hinesly, Lieutenant Gary Chambers and Lieutenant Ramon Alanis all retired.
The men have 142 years of service between them.
The special celebration was held at the Tulare County Sheriff's Headquarters to honor the men for their career contributions.
"38 years it's time to allow new leadership to develop styles, more positive thinking opportunities, and take the department to a place that can maybe can go further without us," Cleek said.
Some of the retirees will be taking some time to travel while others want to continue serving the public in some form.
tulare county, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death 53 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions