Police uncover hashish operation in SE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- PRESS RELEASE: On Friday, December 28, 2012, just before 10 PM, Fresno Police Officers from the Southeast Policing District executed a search warrant authored by Officer David Ponek at the South Clovis Avenue home. This search warrant was authored in conjunction with a grand theft investigation and an elder abuse case involving Daniel Wineland 3/26/66. The location was secured and the search warrant was executed with an adhoc element of District Crime Suppression Team Members and Southeast Patrol Officers.
After the location was secured, a search revealed a significant amount of marijuana being processed into hashish. Several stages of the manufacturing process were uncovered to include an end product in a strainer designed to catch the illegal substance. The estimated amount of marijuana recovered was in excess of ten pounds. At the time the search warrant was executed Daniel Wineland was not present and Fresno PD Officers are actively looking to apprehend this individual.
Wineland is wanted on a laundry list of narcotic related charges to include, possession of hash, possession of hash for sale and the manufacturing of said substance. In addition to the narcotic related charges, Wineland is wanted for grand theft and elder abuse.
Citizens are urged to call Fresno PD if they know the whereabouts of Wineland. They may also remain anonymous by calling 498 STOP.
crimetracker, drug bust, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime