Merced Co woman accused of helping inmate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced County woman is in jail, accused of helping an escaped inmate.
Deputies arrested Monica Beserra at her Winton home on Saturday.
The 30-year-old is now booked on charges of harboring a fugitive and drug possession.
Authorities say she was helping Adrian Hicks after he escaped from jail Wednesday morning.
Deputies found Hicks at Beserra's home yesterday, hiding under a pile of clothes in a closet.
Investigators say hicks escaped through a hole in the shower area at the John LaTorraca Correctional Center.
The facility was built to hold low-level offenders, but it now houses much more serious criminals because of the growing jail population.
merced county, crimetracker, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 48 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase