Police say woman robs four Clovis, Fresno stores
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are looking for a woman they believe robbed four stores in Clovis and Fresno.
Surveillance pictures show the suspect holding up a cigarette shop in Clovis Sunday morning. She's wearing glasses and a cap, but investigators say she has blonde, shoulder length hair and is about 40 years old. In the video, you can see her pointing a gun at the clerk in the picture on the right of your screen.
Police say they first got a 9-1-1 call about an armed robbery at a tobacco store on Shaw near Fowler at about 10:35 Sunday morning.
Just minutes later, they got a second 9-1-1 call about another armed robbery just over a mile away at a cigarette shop on Fowler near Ashlan.
Investigators say the suspect got away with an unknown amount of money, but she left valuable evidence behind.
"After one investigation was completed we were able to retrieve some evidence at the scene, some clothing that was worn by the suspect," Sgt. Jim Koch said. "In both cases a gun was used and brandished at the scene. There was nobody injured during the incident and no other customers in the store when this occurred."
Investigators say Fresno police responded to two similar robberies after the two in Clovis.
The description of the suspect in those cases closely matches the woman in this surveillance video, so they believe the crimes are likely connected.
crimetracker, robbery, clovis, fresno, fresno county, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 5 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 41 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 11 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures