Police say woman robs four Clovis, Fresno stores
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are looking for a woman they believe robbed four stores in Clovis and Fresno.
Surveillance pictures show the suspect holding up a cigarette shop in Clovis Sunday morning. She's wearing glasses and a cap, but investigators say she has blonde, shoulder length hair and is about 40 years old. In the video, you can see her pointing a gun at the clerk in the picture on the right of your screen.
Police say they first got a 9-1-1 call about an armed robbery at a tobacco store on Shaw near Fowler at about 10:35 Sunday morning.
Just minutes later, they got a second 9-1-1 call about another armed robbery just over a mile away at a cigarette shop on Fowler near Ashlan.
Investigators say the suspect got away with an unknown amount of money, but she left valuable evidence behind.
"After one investigation was completed we were able to retrieve some evidence at the scene, some clothing that was worn by the suspect," Sgt. Jim Koch said. "In both cases a gun was used and brandished at the scene. There was nobody injured during the incident and no other customers in the store when this occurred."
Investigators say Fresno police responded to two similar robberies after the two in Clovis.
The description of the suspect in those cases closely matches the woman in this surveillance video, so they believe the crimes are likely connected.
crimetracker, robbery, clovis, fresno, fresno county, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 8 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos