Police: Father and son used bike to steal copper wire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City crews spent part of the day on Monday repairing light poles in Southeast Fresno after police arrested a father and son for stealing copper wire.
Fresno Police arrested 41-year-old Martin Leon around 3 a.m. Monday morning. They also arrested Leon's 17-year-old son.
Investigators say the two men were using a bicycle to rip copper wire from the ground. City crews were back out at the location on Monday making sure the street lights were restored and that copper wire could no longer be removed from the poles.
Leon was booked into the Fresno County Jail. His son was booked into Fresno County Juvenile Hall.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, copper wire theft, crimetracker, local
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam