Police: Father and son used bike to steal copper wire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City crews spent part of the day on Monday repairing light poles in Southeast Fresno after police arrested a father and son for stealing copper wire.
Fresno Police arrested 41-year-old Martin Leon around 3 a.m. Monday morning. They also arrested Leon's 17-year-old son.
Investigators say the two men were using a bicycle to rip copper wire from the ground. City crews were back out at the location on Monday making sure the street lights were restored and that copper wire could no longer be removed from the poles.
Leon was booked into the Fresno County Jail. His son was booked into Fresno County Juvenile Hall.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, copper wire theft, crimetracker, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos