Murder investigation underway in Merced County
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a 67-year-old man was found shot to death in a home on Sycamore near Second Avenue, south of Delhi.
Sheriff's deputies went to a home south of Delhi Tuesday morning after a woman found her family member dead and called 9-1-1. The first responders discovered the 67-year-old man had blood coming from his mouth. Detectives later determined he had been shot to death.
Authorities are now trying to find another relative who lives at the home. They've issued an alert to other law enforcement agencies in the area.
"Obviously if there's something unique to the family situation wherein that one person is normally there and they are not, we certainly do want to talk to them," said Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin.
Authorities are not releasing any other details about that missing family member. Investigators believe the victim was killed sometime between Monday evening and eight o'clock Tuesday morning.
merced county, livingston, delhi, homicide, shooting, crimetracker, local, sara sandrik
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 25 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 26 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 55 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed