Fox family celebrates first baby of 2013 in Tulare Co
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley couple was overjoyed to find their baby was the first to ring in 2013 in Tulare County.
Elsa and Blake Fox welcomed a 7-pound, 11-ounce baby girl early this morning. Little "Onyx" was born at 3:24 a.m. at Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia.
Onyx came out with a full head of dark hair. Her parents say they were excited to hear their daughter was the first baby born in Tulare County in 2013.
"We kept joking around because we kept saying we had to make it for the taxes, and then, well let's try to make it for the new year the first baby," said Elsa Fox, mother.
"There's no words to explain it. It's like the greatest thing on earth," said Blake Fox, father.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center gave the couple a special gift basket with embroidered outfits and a blanket that say she was the first baby born in Visalia in 2013.
visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl