Fox family celebrates first baby of 2013 in Tulare Co
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley couple was overjoyed to find their baby was the first to ring in 2013 in Tulare County.
Elsa and Blake Fox welcomed a 7-pound, 11-ounce baby girl early this morning. Little "Onyx" was born at 3:24 a.m. at Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia.
Onyx came out with a full head of dark hair. Her parents say they were excited to hear their daughter was the first baby born in Tulare County in 2013.
"We kept joking around because we kept saying we had to make it for the taxes, and then, well let's try to make it for the new year the first baby," said Elsa Fox, mother.
"There's no words to explain it. It's like the greatest thing on earth," said Blake Fox, father.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center gave the couple a special gift basket with embroidered outfits and a blanket that say she was the first baby born in Visalia in 2013.
visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos