Suspected motorcycle thief crashes in Delhi
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley have arrested a man for leading them in a chase in a stolen motorcycle, which ended in a crash in Delhi.
It all started in the area of El Capitan and Third Street Monday afternoon. Merced County sheriff's officials said a deputy tried to stop the suspect after seeing him riding without a helmet. But the suspect took off, riding at high speeds, which caused him to lose control and crash into a curb.
He was taken to the hospital where he's being observed for possible head injuries. When the suspect is released, he faces charges of possession of a stolen vehicle.
delhi, merced county, auto theft, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos