Five Fresno hikers rescued near Big Sur
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Five Fresno men were rescued in the wilderness near Big Sur over the weekend.
According to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office the men were hiking just outside Big Sur when they became lost in the snow.
They called for help Sunday morning, and a CHP helicopter crew rescued them around 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities did not identify the hikers. They say they were able to drive away shortly after their rescue.
monterey county, fresno, fresno county, local
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car 10 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list 31 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Fresno auto repair shops look for next...
36 min ago