Five Fresno hikers rescued near Big Sur
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Five Fresno men were rescued in the wilderness near Big Sur over the weekend.
According to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office the men were hiking just outside Big Sur when they became lost in the snow.
They called for help Sunday morning, and a CHP helicopter crew rescued them around 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities did not identify the hikers. They say they were able to drive away shortly after their rescue.
monterey county, fresno, fresno county, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 7 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates