Porterville woman catches fire after lighting a cigarette
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators performed an autopsy on a Porterville woman who died after she caught fire while trying to light a cigarette at her stove.
The fatal accident happened Tuesday in a mobile home located at Morton Avenue and Lowery Street in Porterville.
When firefighters arrived, they found the 51-year-old woman dead in the kitchen area of her home. Her name has not been released.
At this point, investigators are also not saying exactly how she caught fire after lighting the cigarette.
porterville, tulare county, fire, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 17 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow 46 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall