Delhi man accused of killing his father is in jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of murdering his father in Merced County is now in jail.
Sheriff's deputies and CHP officers tracked down Jason Curtis Reed at a truck stop in the Lodi area Thursday afternoon. They surrounded the 35-year-old's car and convinced him to surrender.
Reed is accused of killing his father, JD Reed, at the Delhi home where they lived together. The victim's daughter found his body in bed on New Year's morning.
Investigators say the 67-year-old was shot to death. Detectives went to the home and discovered the victim's son was nowhere to be found. They say Jason Reed later contacted family members in the Sacramento area, who then called the sheriff's office.
Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "Obviously something went horribly wrong, Jason Reed himself evidently had some issue, and we believe he shot and killed his father while he lay asleep."
Investigators say the exact motive is not clear at this point.
crimetracker, murder, delhi, merced county, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years