Delhi man accused of killing his father is in jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of murdering his father in Merced County is now in jail.
Sheriff's deputies and CHP officers tracked down Jason Curtis Reed at a truck stop in the Lodi area Thursday afternoon. They surrounded the 35-year-old's car and convinced him to surrender.
Reed is accused of killing his father, JD Reed, at the Delhi home where they lived together. The victim's daughter found his body in bed on New Year's morning.
Investigators say the 67-year-old was shot to death. Detectives went to the home and discovered the victim's son was nowhere to be found. They say Jason Reed later contacted family members in the Sacramento area, who then called the sheriff's office.
Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "Obviously something went horribly wrong, Jason Reed himself evidently had some issue, and we believe he shot and killed his father while he lay asleep."
Investigators say the exact motive is not clear at this point.
crimetracker, murder, delhi, merced county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident