Delhi man accused of killing his father is in jail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of murdering his father in Merced County is now in jail.
Sheriff's deputies and CHP officers tracked down Jason Curtis Reed at a truck stop in the Lodi area Thursday afternoon. They surrounded the 35-year-old's car and convinced him to surrender.
Reed is accused of killing his father, JD Reed, at the Delhi home where they lived together. The victim's daughter found his body in bed on New Year's morning.
Investigators say the 67-year-old was shot to death. Detectives went to the home and discovered the victim's son was nowhere to be found. They say Jason Reed later contacted family members in the Sacramento area, who then called the sheriff's office.
Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "Obviously something went horribly wrong, Jason Reed himself evidently had some issue, and we believe he shot and killed his father while he lay asleep."
Investigators say the exact motive is not clear at this point.
crimetracker, murder, delhi, merced county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 38 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 10 min ago
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits