Family looking for answers a year after murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jan. 1 marked one year since a Merced college student was found shot to death in the trunk of his car.
Now family members are once again asking for help finding his killer.
Authorities found Felipe Bravo Junior's body in Monterey County, but they believe he was killed in Merced County.
The 23-year-old lived in Los Banos and was last seen at a house there last New Year's Eve.
Deputies arrested a suspect in the case in March, but he was released after the district attorney determined there was not enough evidence to charge him.
"It's been very difficult for all of us because because as hard as it was a year ago to hear of his death it's just as hard a year later that not only is he not coming back," Flor Bravo, the victim's sister, said.
Felipe Bravo Junior was the youngest of nine siblings. His family is now offering a $25 thousand reward for information that helps authorities catch his killer.
merced county, crimetracker, homicide, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 49 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase