Family looking for answers a year after murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jan. 1 marked one year since a Merced college student was found shot to death in the trunk of his car.
Now family members are once again asking for help finding his killer.
Authorities found Felipe Bravo Junior's body in Monterey County, but they believe he was killed in Merced County.
The 23-year-old lived in Los Banos and was last seen at a house there last New Year's Eve.
Deputies arrested a suspect in the case in March, but he was released after the district attorney determined there was not enough evidence to charge him.
"It's been very difficult for all of us because because as hard as it was a year ago to hear of his death it's just as hard a year later that not only is he not coming back," Flor Bravo, the victim's sister, said.
Felipe Bravo Junior was the youngest of nine siblings. His family is now offering a $25 thousand reward for information that helps authorities catch his killer.
merced county, crimetracker, homicide, local
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus 51 min ago
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos