Family looking for answers a year after murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jan. 1 marked one year since a Merced college student was found shot to death in the trunk of his car.
Now family members are once again asking for help finding his killer.
Authorities found Felipe Bravo Junior's body in Monterey County, but they believe he was killed in Merced County.
The 23-year-old lived in Los Banos and was last seen at a house there last New Year's Eve.
Deputies arrested a suspect in the case in March, but he was released after the district attorney determined there was not enough evidence to charge him.
"It's been very difficult for all of us because because as hard as it was a year ago to hear of his death it's just as hard a year later that not only is he not coming back," Flor Bravo, the victim's sister, said.
Felipe Bravo Junior was the youngest of nine siblings. His family is now offering a $25 thousand reward for information that helps authorities catch his killer.
merced county, crimetracker, homicide, local
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos