Sanger teen arrested on robbery, attempted murder charges
SANGER, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 17-year-old boy is in jail on attempted murder and armed robbery charges. Another suspect is still on the run.
Sanger Police say the teen is responsible for attacking 56-year-old Saul Ramirez. They say Ramirez was robbed, stabbed, and left for dead.
Police say the 17-year-old also had an accomplice, who they are still looking for. The police chief said the pair may be responsible for several other crimes.
"A gentleman was robbed of cash by two suspects, one of them produced a hand gun. So our investigators continue to work this case based on possible leads," said Silver Rodriguez, Sanger Police Chief.
Both attacks happened just a few block from each other, and just down the street from the police station. Investigators collected evidence during two warrant searches. Police say another arrest could happen soon.
sanger, fresno county, stabbing, robbery, crimetracker, local, rick montanez
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 17 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned