Sanger teen arrested on robbery, attempted murder charges
SANGER, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 17-year-old boy is in jail on attempted murder and armed robbery charges. Another suspect is still on the run.
Sanger Police say the teen is responsible for attacking 56-year-old Saul Ramirez. They say Ramirez was robbed, stabbed, and left for dead.
Police say the 17-year-old also had an accomplice, who they are still looking for. The police chief said the pair may be responsible for several other crimes.
"A gentleman was robbed of cash by two suspects, one of them produced a hand gun. So our investigators continue to work this case based on possible leads," said Silver Rodriguez, Sanger Police Chief.
Both attacks happened just a few block from each other, and just down the street from the police station. Investigators collected evidence during two warrant searches. Police say another arrest could happen soon.
sanger, fresno county, stabbing, robbery, crimetracker, local, rick montanez
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 35 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 1 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 55 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person...
31 min ago