Fireplace may have sparked fire at Woodlands townhome
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- A fireplace may have sparked the blaze that destroyed the roof of a Woodlands home Friday afternoon.
Initial reports were that the fire at the home on Carson Ridge Drive started in the chimney shortly before noon and spread to the rest of the home.
Flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived, and the roof collapsed shortly after, forcing crews to get ouf of the burning home.
Crews were able to get the flames under control within an hour, though the home was heavily damaged.
No injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
the woodlands, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 1 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 56 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 36 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
41 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos