Fireplace may have sparked fire at Woodlands townhome
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- A fireplace may have sparked the blaze that destroyed the roof of a Woodlands home Friday afternoon.
Initial reports were that the fire at the home on Carson Ridge Drive started in the chimney shortly before noon and spread to the rest of the home.
Flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived, and the roof collapsed shortly after, forcing crews to get ouf of the burning home.
Crews were able to get the flames under control within an hour, though the home was heavily damaged.
No injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
the woodlands, local
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight 1 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man