Investigators look for possible sexual assault victims of car dealer
HOUSTON -- Harris County sheriff's investigators are looking for more possible victims of a car dealer accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl.
Investigators spoke Friday about the arrest of local car dealer Riku Melartin. Melartin and his assistant, George Koutani, are accused of fondling a 16-year-old girl who works for Mulartin at his dealership, John Keating Chevrolet.
Melartin is also accused of raping the girl on his own.
""I think it's important that the word gets out to the public that if there are any other incidences involving these two people, that we certainly want to encourage them to call the police and let us know," said Sgt. Ron Hunter with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Melartin and Koutani are both charged with indecency with a child. Melartin faces an additional charge of sex assault of a child under 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 19 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow 48 min ago
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall