Investigators look for possible sexual assault victims of car dealer
HOUSTON -- Harris County sheriff's investigators are looking for more possible victims of a car dealer accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl.
Investigators spoke Friday about the arrest of local car dealer Riku Melartin. Melartin and his assistant, George Koutani, are accused of fondling a 16-year-old girl who works for Mulartin at his dealership, John Keating Chevrolet.
Melartin is also accused of raping the girl on his own.
""I think it's important that the word gets out to the public that if there are any other incidences involving these two people, that we certainly want to encourage them to call the police and let us know," said Sgt. Ron Hunter with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Melartin and Koutani are both charged with indecency with a child. Melartin faces an additional charge of sex assault of a child under 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos