ABC30 donates nearly $8K to Cat House on the Kings
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A special day for California's largest cat sanctuary. Friday, The Cat House on the Kings" saw the Facebook "likes" of others pay off in a big way as part of our ABC30 campaign.
Tiny kittens are living the good life. While they wait for a forever home, they're well taken care of at California's largest cat sanctuary along the Kings River, and now the cats will get a little more help.
Reporter Amanda Venegas said, "On behalf of ABC30, we'd like to present you with this check for $7,720.50 to The Cat House on the Kings."
The campaign for the non-profit started on our Action News Facebook page, with ABC30 donating 50 cents for every new like.
"It was a huge response," said ABC30 Promotion Specialist Tim Sarquis. "We had new likes from all over the world. People coming from the UK, Berlin."
The money will go to a special spay and neuter and medical fund to help those pet owners who cannot afford important services.
"Dwayne, alright I got you. He's lived down here for about seven years."
Rescuing cats and dogs is founder Lynea Lattanzio's passion. Over the years, she's transformed her 12-acre property into a cat haven, where cats and some dogs roam freely. As a no-kill shelter, cats are sent to her from as far away as New York City and the Middle East.
"People will bring them from all over the world, if we let them," Lattanzio said. "We have to be selective, we can only afford to take in so many."
The Cat House on the Kings says it's thankful for a growing amount of support here in the Valley and around the world. And year after year, it continues to see more and more animals and they're hoping that you'll open your hearts to a cat in need of a good home.
Although the Facebook campaign is over, you can still donate. And they're always in need of volunteers to pet the animals and donations.
If you'd like to volunteer or make a donation, visit the links below.
local, amanda venegas
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 21 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 46 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases