Missing Santa Fe-area woman found safe
SANTA FE, TX -- The search for a missing Santa Fe-area woman who was missing all weekend has ended. The 21-year-old was located safe last night.
According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Ashley Collard was found walking in the 11000 block of 32nd Street around 11:40pm. Investigators say she appeared to be uninjured, but was taken to a local hospital to be examined further.
According to family members, Collard grabbed her 6-month-old Shih Tzu puppy and left her home Friday afternoon after becoming angry about something. They were very concerned about her well-being because they say she has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old and she didn't have any of her medications.
Investigators say the puppy was with Collard when they found her.
At this point, we don't know where she was all weekend. We'll continue to gather details and post them as we get them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 12 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart