Missing Santa Fe-area woman found safe
SANTA FE, TX -- The search for a missing Santa Fe-area woman who was missing all weekend has ended. The 21-year-old was located safe last night.
According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Ashley Collard was found walking in the 11000 block of 32nd Street around 11:40pm. Investigators say she appeared to be uninjured, but was taken to a local hospital to be examined further.
According to family members, Collard grabbed her 6-month-old Shih Tzu puppy and left her home Friday afternoon after becoming angry about something. They were very concerned about her well-being because they say she has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old and she didn't have any of her medications.
Investigators say the puppy was with Collard when they found her.
At this point, we don't know where she was all weekend. We'll continue to gather details and post them as we get them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety