Houston couple wins honeymoon in kissing contest
HOUSTON -- It's not just about love. Couples at the Bridal Extravaganza in downtown Houston locked lips for a free honeymoon Saturday.
An all-expense paid honeymoon to Mexico was the incentive for couples to smooch for the annual kissing contest.
The contestants weren't allowed any breaks at all.
Joseph Randle and Kwanita McDaniel were the winners. They were engaged just one week ago.
"I'm not even a big kisser," McDaniel said. "I have chapped lips right now, but it was worth it. Our honeymoon is paid for."
McDaniel and her fiance puckered up for four and a half hours, outlasting 17 other couples. They plan on getting married Valentine's Day in 2014 and will then honeymoon in a 5-star resort in Riviera Maya.
The Bridal Extravaganza runs through Sunday at 5pm. It's one of the largest shows in the southwest, attracting nearly 20,000 people over the weekend.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case