Houston couple wins honeymoon in kissing contest
HOUSTON -- It's not just about love. Couples at the Bridal Extravaganza in downtown Houston locked lips for a free honeymoon Saturday.
An all-expense paid honeymoon to Mexico was the incentive for couples to smooch for the annual kissing contest.
The contestants weren't allowed any breaks at all.
Joseph Randle and Kwanita McDaniel were the winners. They were engaged just one week ago.
"I'm not even a big kisser," McDaniel said. "I have chapped lips right now, but it was worth it. Our honeymoon is paid for."
McDaniel and her fiance puckered up for four and a half hours, outlasting 17 other couples. They plan on getting married Valentine's Day in 2014 and will then honeymoon in a 5-star resort in Riviera Maya.
The Bridal Extravaganza runs through Sunday at 5pm. It's one of the largest shows in the southwest, attracting nearly 20,000 people over the weekend.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 51 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man 57 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal