Action News launches 10pm News on KAIL 7.1
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News is coming to prime time! Starting Monday, January 7th, you can watch Action News Live at Ten on KAIL-TV, My 7.1.
For decades, ABC30 Action News has been bringing you live, local, and late breaking news, weather, and sports from the Valley and beyond. But starting Monday, January 7th, Action News ventures into new territory -- prime time. You can watch Action News Live at Ten on KAIL, My 7.1.
ABC30 President and General Manager, Dan Adams, said this new partnership with KAIL fulfills a viewer need. "We also see it as a great opportunity for us to further our commitment to the community, the Central Valley -- to continue to provide news and information to them, in the ABC30 brand, whenever and where ever they want it."
Adams said ABC30 viewers have wanted to see Action News in prime-time for a long time, and the partnership with KAIL makes it possible without interfering with network programming on ABC30.
KAIL Program Director, Bob Jenkins, believes his station and its viewers will also benefit. "You're going to bring people, viewers, to our station that we haven't had before. People who are looking for news at a convenient time, and not just any news, but probably the best produced news in the Valley."
Action News Live at Ten will be produced in the ABC30 studios and transmitted to KAIL via a fiber optic line in high definition.
What can you expect when you turn on Action News Live at Ten?
ABC30 News Director Michael Carr said you should expect more timely, comprehensive news coverage of Central California at a time that fits your lifestyle, delivered by the people you already know and trust. "We've got a great group of folks who love covering the Central Valley -- love covering Central California -- and going and finding those stories and bringing them to viewers across Central California."
"I can't tell you how excited we are to be working with the premiere producers of television news in the Central Valley," said Jenkins.
We are excited too! Please join Kevin, Tommy, Liz and Warren Armstrong every weeknight for Action News Live at Ten on KAIL, My 7.1. You can watch Action News Live at Ten on Comcast channel 13 and 713 HD. For Direct TV, Dish and U-Verse customers, you can find us on Channel 53.
abc30, local, warren armstrong
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 21 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors 34 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol...
40 min ago