4 stabbed in Merced bar fight
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the North Valley are investigating a bar fight that left four people with stab wounds, including three employees.
It happened at the Star Club on Main Street near T Street in Downtown Merced. So far no one has been arrested for the stabbings, but witnesses said several parties were celebrating at the popular bar Saturday night.
Police said it is unclear what lead to the fight. Investigators say they were called out for a large fight. They say when officers showed up, they found two people had been stabbed in the face and neck, and two others had been stabbed in the arms and shoulder. Three of the people are Star Club employees.
Police say their injuries range from moderate to major. One of the stabbing victims was rushed to Mercy Medical Center in Merced. The other three were taken to a trauma center in Modesto.
The staff working at the bar Sunday night could not comment on the stabbings, other than to say the employees will be okay.
In the meantime, it's unclear whether there is more than one suspect. Police are asking anyone to come forward who may have information about the attack Saturday night. Police say tips can be made anonymously.
merced, merced county, stabbing, local, rick montanez
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 20 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area 5 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years