4 stabbed in Merced bar fight
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the North Valley are investigating a bar fight that left four people with stab wounds, including three employees.
It happened at the Star Club on Main Street near T Street in Downtown Merced. So far no one has been arrested for the stabbings, but witnesses said several parties were celebrating at the popular bar Saturday night.
Police said it is unclear what lead to the fight. Investigators say they were called out for a large fight. They say when officers showed up, they found two people had been stabbed in the face and neck, and two others had been stabbed in the arms and shoulder. Three of the people are Star Club employees.
Police say their injuries range from moderate to major. One of the stabbing victims was rushed to Mercy Medical Center in Merced. The other three were taken to a trauma center in Modesto.
The staff working at the bar Sunday night could not comment on the stabbings, other than to say the employees will be okay.
In the meantime, it's unclear whether there is more than one suspect. Police are asking anyone to come forward who may have information about the attack Saturday night. Police say tips can be made anonymously.
merced, merced county, stabbing, local, rick montanez
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos