Porterville man fires at deputies before escaping
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man accused of shooting at deputies.
Authorities say Daryl Austin Young confronted deputies who went to a home in Porterville on Saturday. They say Young was standing in the doorway, holding a small handgun and challenging the deputies to shoot. Instead, they tazed him.
As young fell to the ground, investigators say he fired one shot, hitting a cabinet, then he escaped out of a window.
Authorities say Young is still on the run and should be considered armed and dangerous.
porterville, tulare county, shooting, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 1 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'