Elderly man seriously injured in Clovis crash
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- An elderly man is seriously hurt after a crash that shut down part of a busy Clovis street Sunday.
The accident happened at Clovis and Scott Avenues around 1:30 Sunday afternoon. Police say a truck crashed into the passenger's side of the man's car. The 74-year-old suffered severe head and neck injuries. The driver and passenger of the truck suffered only minor injuries.
Southbound Clovis Avenue, from Barstow to Shaw, was closed for about four hours while officers cleared the roadway.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
fresno county, clovis, accident, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather