North Valley teen dies after taking bullet for mom
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley teenager died on his doorstep after jumping in front of a bullet reportedly meant for his mother. Authorities are looking for his killer.
There's a growing memorial of candles, flowers and teddy bears at the spot where 17-year-old Marty Kent was shot and killed last Thursday in Modesto.
Marty's mom said she went outside on her front porch to confront a group fighting outside their home, when someone pulled out a gun and fired in her direction. That's when she said Marty jumped into action.
"They shot, he jumped in front of me, like to push me out of the way," Robin Kent said. "He was in front of me, they shot him. He died half in, half out& in his dad's arms."
Investigators are looking for someone who left the scene in a green jeep. Kent will be laid to rest on Wednesday.
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 56 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos