Police investigate Fresno's first murder of 2013
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is investigating the city's first murder of 2013.
Police say the crime happened at an apartment complex near Bulldog Lane and Sixth Street.
Investigators say Christian Thomas, 24, was stabbed Monday night.
Family and friends of the victim remember him as a loving person who didn't deserve such a violent death.
This is the city's first murder of the year. In 2012, there were 51 murders in Fresno. That's up from 35, the previous year.
crimetracker, stabbing, murder, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes