Double fatal accident in Sanger near Central and Academy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A two-vehicle collision Wednesday evening took the lives of two people. The accident happened just after 5:00pm at the intersection of Academy and Central just south of Sanger.
Investigators say three people were traveling westbound on Central, when their Honda Civic was hit by this white truck going north on Academy.
The truck belongs to the Electric Motor Shop and Supply Company. The driver of the truck was not injured, but the impact killed two of the people inside the Honda. According to one witness, the driver of the truck did not stop at the four-way stop sign.
Noel Johnson with the Sanger Police Department said, "Two of them were actually deceased at the scene and a third was transported for medical attention."
That passenger was airlifted to a local hospital. His condition is not known at this hour. Officers say the driver of the truck is cooperating with the investigation.
sanger, fresno county, fresno, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos