Double fatal accident in Sanger near Central and Academy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A two-vehicle collision Wednesday evening took the lives of two people. The accident happened just after 5:00pm at the intersection of Academy and Central just south of Sanger.
Investigators say three people were traveling westbound on Central, when their Honda Civic was hit by this white truck going north on Academy.
The truck belongs to the Electric Motor Shop and Supply Company. The driver of the truck was not injured, but the impact killed two of the people inside the Honda. According to one witness, the driver of the truck did not stop at the four-way stop sign.
Noel Johnson with the Sanger Police Department said, "Two of them were actually deceased at the scene and a third was transported for medical attention."
That passenger was airlifted to a local hospital. His condition is not known at this hour. Officers say the driver of the truck is cooperating with the investigation.
sanger, fresno county, fresno, local
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 14 min ago
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks 54 min ago
- California cherry harvest begins 52 min ago
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition 48 min ago
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day