Valley women losing their locks for a good cause
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Planet Hair in River Park collected yards of long hair at their salon Wednesday, all thanks to some brave Valley women and girls.
Stylists at Planet Hair cut the long locks and put them in plastic bags. The ponytails and pigtails will go to the Pink Hearts Fund. The non-profit provides free wigs to cancer patients and others who have lost their hair to disease.
Some of these willing donors haven't cut their hair in years, but were ready to chop it off for a good cause.
"It was actually my husband's idea," Leticia Torres said. "He saw it on Facebook and he said 'you want to cut your hair and it's for a great cause.' So he was talking to my and my daughter about it and we said 'yeah, why not? And make someone feel special."
Planet Hair is cutting the hair for free. You can make an appointment to donate your long locks through the 25th of January.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30.
local, liz harrison
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno