Valley women losing their locks for a good cause
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Planet Hair in River Park collected yards of long hair at their salon Wednesday, all thanks to some brave Valley women and girls.
Stylists at Planet Hair cut the long locks and put them in plastic bags. The ponytails and pigtails will go to the Pink Hearts Fund. The non-profit provides free wigs to cancer patients and others who have lost their hair to disease.
Some of these willing donors haven't cut their hair in years, but were ready to chop it off for a good cause.
"It was actually my husband's idea," Leticia Torres said. "He saw it on Facebook and he said 'you want to cut your hair and it's for a great cause.' So he was talking to my and my daughter about it and we said 'yeah, why not? And make someone feel special."
Planet Hair is cutting the hair for free. You can make an appointment to donate your long locks through the 25th of January.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30.
local, liz harrison
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno 48 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system 38 min ago
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos