Chop shop busted in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police shutdown a chop shop in Downtown Fresno, but they're still looking for the man running the illegal operation.
Detectives say 29-year-old Tomas Hueso was not home when they made the bust. They say he is a known gang member.
The crackdown happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday. Police say they think Hueso was hiding stolen cars under a tarp in his back yard. They say they found four stolen cars and countless car parts.
Investigators believe the cars were being striped and then ditched. The parts would end up on a 'donor' car that was then painted and sold.
"They'll go on Craigslist sell that vehicle as a legitimate Honda for sale. And underneath is all stolen car parts. It's unfortunate," said Tim Tietjen with the Fresno Police Department.
Police found the chop shop after receiving a tip from a concerned neighbor.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, auto theft, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos