Former Clear Creek ISD teacher accused of having relationship with student
LEAGUE CITY, TX -- A former Clear Creek ISD teacher is facing allegations she had a sexual relationship with one of her students.
Stephanie Raleen Forbes, 40, was arrested Thursday afternoon in the 300 block of Sorrelwood Dr. in League City on charges of sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between educator and student, according to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say they launched an investgation last month after Clear Creek ISD officials were notified of allegations that Forbes had an ongoing sexual relationship with a student. She resigned from the district after detectives launched an investigation into the accusations.
Forbes was released from the Galveston County Jail after she posted a $20,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about