Four firefighters, two others injured in collision involving fire truck in east Harris Co.
HOUSTON -- Six people were injured in a collision that involved a fire truck in east Harris County Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of Hollywood and Brown Wood Street.
According to officials with the Cloverleaf Volunteer Fire Department, four firefighters were their way to run a few errands. They were less than a block from the fire station when officials say the driver of a black Dodge pickup slammed into the side of the fire truck, flipping the emergency vehicle over.
According to witnesses, the pickup truck driver ran a stop sign.
"The truck and come hit the fire department truck, and dumped over" witness Rene Vences said.
"It's horrible. I just --- my brother. They said he's OK," said Elizabeth Beaver, whose brother was among the firefighters involved in the wreck.
Officials had to extricate two people out of the pickup. They were both taken to Ben Taub with serious injuries.
Four firefighters also were transported to be treated for minor injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 39 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos