Charges possible in fatal motorcycle wreck
HOUSTON -- The driver of an SUV could face charges in a four-vehicle accident that killed a motorcyclist in west Houston Friday afternoon.
The wreck happened around 5:20pm on the northbound lanes of the West Sam Houston Tollway at Briar Forest Drive.
According to Precinct 5 deputies, a motorcycle rider on a Honda Goldwing had slowed down for traffic in front of him and was rear-ended by an SUV. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, hit the concrete and possibly a vehicle in front of him.
His motorcycle kept going and crashed into another vehicle, while the driver of the SUV also hit another car.
Deputies say the victim appeared to be a middle-aged man. He died at the scene.
Other people involved in the wreck suffered minor injuries.
Deputies say charges against the driver of the SUV are possible, but they don't believe alcohol is a factor. The DA's office was at the scene investigating.
The accident forced crews to close several main lanes of the tollway for four hours Friday evening.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy