Charges possible in fatal motorcycle wreck
HOUSTON -- The driver of an SUV could face charges in a four-vehicle accident that killed a motorcyclist in west Houston Friday afternoon.
The wreck happened around 5:20pm on the northbound lanes of the West Sam Houston Tollway at Briar Forest Drive.
According to Precinct 5 deputies, a motorcycle rider on a Honda Goldwing had slowed down for traffic in front of him and was rear-ended by an SUV. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, hit the concrete and possibly a vehicle in front of him.
His motorcycle kept going and crashed into another vehicle, while the driver of the SUV also hit another car.
Deputies say the victim appeared to be a middle-aged man. He died at the scene.
Other people involved in the wreck suffered minor injuries.
Deputies say charges against the driver of the SUV are possible, but they don't believe alcohol is a factor. The DA's office was at the scene investigating.
The accident forced crews to close several main lanes of the tollway for four hours Friday evening.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones 33 min ago
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers 31 min ago
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago