Police investigate fatal shooting in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a man was shot and killed in an apartment parking lot near Angus and Yale in Central Fresno.
Police say they were called to the Palm Gardens Apartments around 7:00 Friday night. When they arrived they found a man dead in the parking lot. They say it appears the unidentified victim was shot at least once with a handgun.
Lt. David Newton said, "We're doing the best we can to track down as many leads as possible. I expect to be out here until the early morning hours resolving this case."
ABC30 talked with several people who live in the area, they did not want to talk on camera, but they say this has them rethinking when and where their children play outside at these apartments.
Gang investigators are on scene, but they say it's too early to tell if this murder is gang-related. No arrests have been made.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno central, local, rick montanez
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos