Family assaulted in home invasion near Orange Cove
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County deputies are investigating a home invasion. Authorities say it happened Saturday afternoon in the area of Hill Avenue and Lincoln Avenue near Orange Cove.
Deputies got the call from a home at about 3:45 in the afternoon. They say several armed suspects forced their way into the house.
A family member of one victim tells Action News there were seven to ten suspects who were armed with guns and knives. He says they demanded money and jewelry and the victims gave them whatever they had. But investigators say the suspects then assaulted the victims before taking off.
Sgt. Brent Stalker said, "It's a very scary crime, it can be a very violent crime and it's something that we take very seriously because it shakes people up and rightfully so.
Detectives say the investigation is still in its preliminary stages but they are looking for a maroon truck and a white Chevrolet, possibly a suburban that was in the area at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
home invasion, crimetracker, fresno county, orange cove, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos