Family assaulted in home invasion near Orange Cove
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County deputies are investigating a home invasion. Authorities say it happened Saturday afternoon in the area of Hill Avenue and Lincoln Avenue near Orange Cove.
Deputies got the call from a home at about 3:45 in the afternoon. They say several armed suspects forced their way into the house.
A family member of one victim tells Action News there were seven to ten suspects who were armed with guns and knives. He says they demanded money and jewelry and the victims gave them whatever they had. But investigators say the suspects then assaulted the victims before taking off.
Sgt. Brent Stalker said, "It's a very scary crime, it can be a very violent crime and it's something that we take very seriously because it shakes people up and rightfully so.
Detectives say the investigation is still in its preliminary stages but they are looking for a maroon truck and a white Chevrolet, possibly a suburban that was in the area at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
home invasion, crimetracker, fresno county, orange cove, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon 49 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals