Family assaulted in home invasion near Orange Cove
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County deputies are investigating a home invasion. Authorities say it happened Saturday afternoon in the area of Hill Avenue and Lincoln Avenue near Orange Cove.
Deputies got the call from a home at about 3:45 in the afternoon. They say several armed suspects forced their way into the house.
A family member of one victim tells Action News there were seven to ten suspects who were armed with guns and knives. He says they demanded money and jewelry and the victims gave them whatever they had. But investigators say the suspects then assaulted the victims before taking off.
Sgt. Brent Stalker said, "It's a very scary crime, it can be a very violent crime and it's something that we take very seriously because it shakes people up and rightfully so.
Detectives say the investigation is still in its preliminary stages but they are looking for a maroon truck and a white Chevrolet, possibly a suburban that was in the area at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
home invasion, crimetracker, fresno county, orange cove, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 13 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- How outside workers deal with cold temps
51 min ago