Family assaulted in home invasion near Orange Cove
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County deputies are investigating a home invasion. Authorities say it happened Saturday afternoon in the area of Hill Avenue and Lincoln Avenue near Orange Cove.
Deputies got the call from a home at about 3:45 in the afternoon. They say several armed suspects forced their way into the house.
A family member of one victim tells Action News there were seven to ten suspects who were armed with guns and knives. He says they demanded money and jewelry and the victims gave them whatever they had. But investigators say the suspects then assaulted the victims before taking off.
Sgt. Brent Stalker said, "It's a very scary crime, it can be a very violent crime and it's something that we take very seriously because it shakes people up and rightfully so.
Detectives say the investigation is still in its preliminary stages but they are looking for a maroon truck and a white Chevrolet, possibly a suburban that was in the area at the time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
home invasion, crimetracker, fresno county, orange cove, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos