Bald eagle boat tours at Millerton Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- You now have a chance to see our national bird in a serene setting. Millerton Lake is offering boat tours to view bald eagles.
Action News took a ride Sunday and spotted one of the symbolic birds up in the tree tops, as well as a golden eagle.
Volunteers say most of them flock to this area every winter when the lakes in North Central Canada freeze.
Mike Smith said, "The eagles are forced out by weather to move to other places, and we believe it's possible, for thousands of years."
The boat tours are available every Saturday and Sunday through March, and mid-week by request. They're $20.00 per person and include hot chocolate, plus a presentation by a ranger.
Call 559-822-2332 for more information.
animal, millerton lake, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos