Bald eagle boat tours at Millerton Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- You now have a chance to see our national bird in a serene setting. Millerton Lake is offering boat tours to view bald eagles.
Action News took a ride Sunday and spotted one of the symbolic birds up in the tree tops, as well as a golden eagle.
Volunteers say most of them flock to this area every winter when the lakes in North Central Canada freeze.
Mike Smith said, "The eagles are forced out by weather to move to other places, and we believe it's possible, for thousands of years."
The boat tours are available every Saturday and Sunday through March, and mid-week by request. They're $20.00 per person and include hot chocolate, plus a presentation by a ranger.
Call 559-822-2332 for more information.
animal, millerton lake, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety