Abandoned Building in Mendota burns to ground
MENDOTA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire at Fourth and Naples had smoke and flames pouring out of it's abandoned complex when firefighters arrived. Firefighters worked to protect surrounding buildings as the second story collapsed onto the first.
Fresno County Fire Battalion Chief Dustin Hail said the fire had tons of fuel, paper, plastic and trash to keep the fire burning.
Hail said another apartment building on the same property burned down last year.
The cause of this fire is still under investigation.
mendota, fresno county, fire, local
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos