Fresno PD officer shot suspect after fight
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police were on the scene of an officer-involved shooting near Huntington and Backer Avenue, just east of Maple Avenue.
Fresno police said the suspect's sister had called the police due to the suspect using Meth. Police said the suspect attacked the officer as soon as he arrived on scene.
The officer said the suspect's sister attempted to pull the suspect away, but the suspect continued to attack him. The officer then pulled out his weapon and shot the suspect.
Both the officer and the suspect were taken to the hospital, where the suspect later died.
Stay with Action News for updates on the investigation.
officer involved shooting, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, local, gene haagenson
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe