Natural gas leak forces evacuations at Merced High School
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced High School students were evacuated from campus after the discovery of a natural gas leak.
Students were sent home around 11:00 Tuesday morning from the campus at Olive Avenue and Collins Drive.
School officials say the leak was detected in a classroom before school started. But because the source could not be isolated, officials decided to send the students home as a safety precaution. Crews have since been able to locate the source.
Merced High School Principal John Olson says he is confident the necessary repairs will be made in order for the campus to re-open for students Wednesday.
merced, merced county, gas line, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 8 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 26 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death 58 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
26 min ago