Chase suspects killed in East Houston crash were 14-year-olds
HOUSTON -- We're now learning two students at Cy-Fair ISD were the suspects killed at the end of Monday's car chase near the Houston Ship Channel.
Authorities say Skyla Nuncio and Justin Henry, both 14, were the suspects who died in a crash on the Clinton exit ramp off the East Loop Monday evening.
The teens were driving the wrong way on a Pasadena street when an officer spotted them and discovered their Chevy Impala had been reported stolen from a driveway in Cypress days before.
The officer tried to pull them over but when they wouldn't, he gave chase. The teens led the officer onto the northbound lanes of the East Loop, which is when the pursuing officer decided the chase was getting too dangerous. He backed off just seconds before the teens took the Clinton exit and crashed.
Police say the impact was so severe that it moved a concrete barrier five to six inches. As a result, crews closed the right lane of the East Loop's northbound lanes, as well as the exit to Clinton, to repair the damage.
Cy-Fair ISD says Nuncio was a ninth grader at Cy-Fair High School and Henry was an eighth-grade student at Campbell Middle School. The district says it's had school counselors on hand since Tuesday to help grieving students.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos