Fresneck gang involved in lotto scratcher theft
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff's office is still looking for 51-year-old Robert Leroy Cave, who helped steal and then cash state lotto scratchers.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office says their wanted man and the suspect in custody is a part of the "Fresneck" gang.
According to Fresno authorities, the gang is tied to several burglaries and home invasion robberies.
Madera County Sheriff's investigators say 32-year-old Christopher Nunn was already in jail when detectives linked him to a surveillance video.
Investigators say that Nunn had an accomplice, Robert Leroy Cave. The pair cashed in several lotto scratchers together.
Detectives say the burglary happened hours after they found the video from the 22 Mile House in Madera County.
The video shows one man smash in the glass on the front door, where it only takes him seconds to run in after his target, several stacks of scratcher tickets.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office with the help of Fresno Police Detectives linked these two men to the crimes.
According to a state report on organized crime the "Fresneck" gang is a loosely organized white street gang.
In the burglary from November, state lotto officials said the suspects took 10 stacks of scratchers worth nearly $2,000.
Detectives say Nunn and Cave walked away with more than $1,000 after cashing in the stolen tickets at several convenience stores and grocery stores.
Nunn is in the Madera County Jail where he was arrested in December for an unrelated charge. Investigators say he was on probation for burglary.
Investigators are hoping with your help they will catch Robert Cave. They have not been able to identify whether it was Cave or Nunn who is the suspect from the 22 Mile House video where the tickets were stolen.
They are asking for anyone with information about Cave to call the Madera County Sheriff's Office.
They also tell us a third unidentified man may be involved in this crime spree.
crimetracker, madera county sheriff department, madera, madera county, local, rick montanez
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 32 min ago
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000 16 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos