Fresneck gang involved in lotto scratcher theft
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera County Sheriff's office is still looking for 51-year-old Robert Leroy Cave, who helped steal and then cash state lotto scratchers.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office says their wanted man and the suspect in custody is a part of the "Fresneck" gang.
According to Fresno authorities, the gang is tied to several burglaries and home invasion robberies.
Madera County Sheriff's investigators say 32-year-old Christopher Nunn was already in jail when detectives linked him to a surveillance video.
Investigators say that Nunn had an accomplice, Robert Leroy Cave. The pair cashed in several lotto scratchers together.
Detectives say the burglary happened hours after they found the video from the 22 Mile House in Madera County.
The video shows one man smash in the glass on the front door, where it only takes him seconds to run in after his target, several stacks of scratcher tickets.
The Madera County Sheriff's Office with the help of Fresno Police Detectives linked these two men to the crimes.
According to a state report on organized crime the "Fresneck" gang is a loosely organized white street gang.
In the burglary from November, state lotto officials said the suspects took 10 stacks of scratchers worth nearly $2,000.
Detectives say Nunn and Cave walked away with more than $1,000 after cashing in the stolen tickets at several convenience stores and grocery stores.
Nunn is in the Madera County Jail where he was arrested in December for an unrelated charge. Investigators say he was on probation for burglary.
Investigators are hoping with your help they will catch Robert Cave. They have not been able to identify whether it was Cave or Nunn who is the suspect from the 22 Mile House video where the tickets were stolen.
They are asking for anyone with information about Cave to call the Madera County Sheriff's Office.
They also tell us a third unidentified man may be involved in this crime spree.
crimetracker, madera county sheriff department, madera, madera county, local, rick montanez
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather