Woman dies after being hit by car in Madera
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead after being hit by a truck in the North Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says she was walking near the intersection of Varden Drive and Farallon Road in Madera County when it happened.
The 71-year old woman was reportedly hit by a white Ford pickup truck driving east on Varden, around 7:00 Thursday morning.
A CHP officer told ABC30, "Apparently the pedestrian, an elderly lady that stepped out in front of the vehicle and was subsequently struck and was deceased here at the scene."
Authorities say the driver who hit the woman stopped to help, and will not face any charges.
madera, madera county, accident, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals