Woman dies after being hit by car in Madera
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is dead after being hit by a truck in the North Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says she was walking near the intersection of Varden Drive and Farallon Road in Madera County when it happened.
The 71-year old woman was reportedly hit by a white Ford pickup truck driving east on Varden, around 7:00 Thursday morning.
A CHP officer told ABC30, "Apparently the pedestrian, an elderly lady that stepped out in front of the vehicle and was subsequently struck and was deceased here at the scene."
Authorities say the driver who hit the woman stopped to help, and will not face any charges.
madera, madera county, accident, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos