Two bank robbery suspects charged after long chase around Houston
HOUSTON -- We're learning new information about the two men who led Houston police officers on an hour-long chase around the city on Wednesday.
Just after noon, an man armed with a revolver held up a Trustmark Bank in northwest Houston. He jumped in a gray van with another suspect and led police on a chase that ended on the south side.
During the course of that chase, officers deployed at least four spike strips. The van ended up loosing both passenger side tires before finally stopping on Scott Street, where the two men surrendered.
Robert Hanswen, 24, and Brackshear Booker, 48, both face aggravated robbery charges.
No one was injured in the chase.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno State's new president has been selected 21 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley