Hunt for accused molester ends in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A two-year hunt ended as Madera County authorities caught up with a man wanted on child molestation charges.
Elpidio Moran, 60, was taken into custody Wednesday. He is accused of repeatedly victimizing a young girl.
Authorities say Moran fled to Mexico in 2011. Last week the sheriff's office received a tip Moran was back in the U.S., and working in Madera County.
Moran was found in a pistachio orchard on Road 26, north of Club Drive and taken into custody.
crimetracker, sex crimes, madera county, madera, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno